- Before getting his own comic, Spider-Man debuted in the final issue of the "Amazing Fantasy" magazine in 1962. Creator Stan Lee collaborated with artists and story writers to form a teenage web hero. The first official issue of Spider-Man was released in March 1963, and the comic was titled "The Amazing Spider-Man."
- Spider-Man is actually teenager Peter Parker. After getting bitten by a powerful spider, Parker receives extraordinary powers including the ability to scale walls and sense danger. His early enemies included basic thugs and the Green Goblin.
- The Spider-Man franchise was turned into a successful movie trilogy starting in 2002 with "Spider-Man". "Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Man 3" quickly followed, with actor Tobey Maguire playing the hero in all three movies.
- In 1967, the Spider-Man animated series debuted, and several others have been created since. These include "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends," "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man Unlimited."
- Throughout his history, Spider-Man has faced a large collection of villains. King Pin is a large crime boss, determined to take Spider-Man down. Venom is an alien life-form who has many powers like Spider-Man. Sandman can transform into multiple shapes by shifting his grain-like body. Doctor Octopus uses mechanical arms to fight and cause destruction.