- 1). Measure and mark 6 inches from the top of the camper between the left side of the camper door and the end of the camper. Position the metal channel horizontally along the 6-inch markings. Center the channel horizontally between the left edge of the camper door and the back of the camper. Check to make sure the channel is level.
- 2). Secure the channel to the side of the camper using metal screws spaced every 6 inches along the length of the channel.
- 3). Measure, mark and cut one piece of ¼ inch diameter metal pipe that is 8 feet long.
- 4). Measure, mark and cut two pieces of ¼ inch diameter metal pipe that are 6 ½ feet long. These are the vertical supports for the awning.
- 5). Measure, mark and cut a piece of vinyl that is 8 feet 2 inches long and 8 feet 3 inches wide. This is your awning.
- 6). Lay the vinyl on a flat surface. Fold the top of the vinyl over 2 inches. Pin the vinyl into place.
- 7). Thread the sewing machine and sew along the pinned edge approximately 1 ½ inches from the edge of the fold. Remove the pins.
- 8). Slide the metal pipe into the pocket formed by the fold and center it along the length of the fold.
- 9). Fold the left and right side of the vinyl over 1 inch on each side. Pin the vinyl into place. Sew along the pinned edges approximately ½ inch from the edge of the folds. Remove the pins.
Fold the bottom of the vinyl over 1 inch. Pin the vinyl into place. Sew along the pinned edge approximately ½ inch from the edge of the fold. Remove the pins.
Position a grommet ½ inch from the bottom and ½ inch from the left side of the awning. Set the grommet. Repeat this process on the bottom right side of the awning.
Slide a rubber gasket on one end of each of the vertical supports. Push the rubber gasket down 2 inches from the top.
Slide the back of the awning into the metal channel so that ½ inch of the awning sticks out of each end. Pull the front of the awning away from the camper until it is stretched tight.
Insert the top of each vertical support into the bottom of the two grommets. Tie a piece of nylon rope to each grommet and pull the rope down at a 45-degree angle. Attach the end of the ropes to camper stakes and hammer the stakes into the ground.